7/18/2007

My brain is mush

Lord love a duck, my life feels like a whirlwind right now. I leave for vacation in 10 days. How much planning have I done in terms of what I need to pack and such? Ooooh, let's see. None. Oh, and I am being moved to a new office on August 23. I don't have moving crates yet. I also have an offsite meeting from August 18-20, I'll get home around 6:30 a.m. on the 21st. Oh, and that meeting on the 18-20? Doesn't so much have an agenda yet, because it's not our normal format, and I won't be able to sit down with the facilitator to iron out the details until early next week. But that's OK, because I'm too busy thinking about whether or not there is still a ginormous whole in my basement floor from the pipes being run for the bathroom we are building. Did I mention the bathroom? The one that requires me to keep going to the design center to look at cabinet stains and shower fixtures and tiles and glass doors. I already told Hubby that I like the stuff he had picked out a month ago, but I have to go back to look at it again so that he knows that I still like it. Or to look at the alternate color, because the cabinet we want doesn't come in Cognac, and would I like to substitute Java? Actually, right now I could probably use both a cup of java and a glass of cognac. I'd go sit out on the deck and drink a glass of wine, but we don't have a deck right now. We had to tear it down. It was all dry-rotted, and the support poles were only, like, ten inches into the ground with no cement or anything. It's kind of a wonder that it didn't collapse. So, we have something blocking the door in addition to having it locked up, so that no small people decide to take a header into the backyard. The small people are driving their father nutso, incidentally. He's not so good at this "stay at home parent" gig. How do I know how crazy they are making him? He lets me know. Everytime he calls my office. Many, many times a day. How nice of him to share the crazy, don't you think? Thankfully, Princess has ballet camp next week, and then we have vacation, then it's only a short time until Hubby is back at school and Lil Joe starts preschool. At least I think Lil Joe is starting preschool. We haven't actually gotten him signed up, although I know there are openings at the one near our house (the one Hoss attended.) We just don't know if the teacher with whom I had issues is still in charge of the 4-year old class. Because if she is, we don't want him in that preschool, for fear of the same unrealistic expectations of behavior that we saw in the past. Not to mention that I don't know how much my pay raise will be, so I don't know if it will cover the cost of preschool tuition. But I can't think too hard about that right now, because I am still trying to schedule calls between our CEO and every one of the board members within the next week. Which wouldn't normally be too big of a deal, except that the CEO is offsite for meetings on Monday morning and Tuesday morning, and is scheduled to be on vacation starting on Thursday. So, he may be making these phone calls while in a hotel lobby or an airport. In any case, if you don't hear from me in a reasonable amount of time, you may want to verify that my head is still intact, since it's very close to exploding right now. And I don't want anyone to be stuck with cleaning up that mess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


follow MamaKaren at http://twitter.com

Who's Who

    Hubby- aka DH My husband since 1995. He is the head of the band department at a college prep school, and dabbles as a wanna-be pop star.

    The Princess- aka DD. Third grader at the local parochial school. Loves butterlies, sparkly things, the color purple and has recently developed a crush on one of the twins from "The Suite Life of Zach and Cody". Is ready for her teenage years, having already perfected her exasperated sigh and dramatic eye-roll.

    Hoss- aka DS1. Kindergartener and resident spirited child. His aunt likes to call him "the evil genius" because of his penchant for letting a lack of intellectual stimulation lead him into mischief. Likes trucks, sports, building things and burping. His current favorite word is "underwear."

    Lil Joe- aka DS2. Born in 2003. Doesn't say much we can understand, but has mastered the important stuff ("eat!", "Wash hands!", "Want chocolate ones!", "Hockey game!") Likes to push buttons, much to the consternation of whoever is trying to watch a DVD. Firmly refuses to use the potty, despite evidence that he is physically ready to be out of diapers, indicating a level of stubborn that eclipses even that of his parents and siblings.

    Me? I'm the Mama. That's all you need to know.

    Wanna contact me?
    Send me an email.