6/29/2006

Since I can't think of 100 things

...not 100 of any interest, anyway
Thirteen (totally random) Things aboutMamaKaren
1…. For someone who loves to talk, I am lousy at coming up with things to say about myself. 2. When I did not color my hair, everyone thought it was dyed. Now that I do color it, everyone assumes it is my natural color. 3. My favorite TV show is "Sports Night". I enjoy this show, some would say, to a psychotic extent. 4. I am afraid of falling. 5. This is not the same thing as being afraid of heights. I am totally fine on a 75th floor balcony, if it has a good railing to protect me, but become almost ill at being on a wobbly footstool. 6. I have low blood sugar. 7. This is a convenient excuse to eat frequently. 8. Because I eat almost constantly, my portions tend to be small. 9. I'm not very good at all-you-can-eat restaurants anymore. 10. Except breakfast buffets. I can probably eat twice my weight in breakfast food. 11. I am addicted to coffee and chocolate. 12. And shoe shopping. 13. I had to miss my uncle's wedding in 1991 because I was doing sound and light for a Worldwide Marriage Encounter conference. Links to other Thursday Thirteens! 1. Zoot, who needs a vacation from her vacation preparation 2. Sarah's cat 3. Susan, whose guacamole recipe I need to try. 4. Kailani, as she looks at the sunny side of life (which is probably easy to do in Hawaii) 5. Trina, who on the soggy side of life 6. Carmen, who is also soggy, but is looking forward to the weekend. 7. Summer Girl, a fellow first time TT'er. 8. Stacy, including some awesome pictures of the garden 9. Kandis, showing how life doesn't always turn out as expected
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I LOVED Sports Night! It is a crime that it wasn't on TV longer. Sports Night on DVD is at the top of my Amazon list of things I need.

6/29/2006 2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your list - I did random stuff, too. I had total writer's block and just started at the screen for an hour, so don't feel bad, I couldn't think of things to say at first, either. I've never watched Sports Night, I'll have to check that out. I realized I'm out of practice at buffets, too. I just can't eat my money's worth anymore, lol. My DH has gotten my addicted to chocolate, and he's working on the coffee.

6/29/2006 2:50 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Addicted to shoe shopping. Aren't we all! :)

6/29/2006 3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coffee and Chocolate... My two weaknesses!

My TT is up! Check out the flood pictures from this week!

6/29/2006 3:20 PM  
Blogger Summer Girl said...

I'm a first timer too! And I'm addicted to shoe shopping too! (and purse shopping, and clothes shopping and all things accessories... etc, etc, etc) :)

6/29/2006 3:20 PM  
Blogger Single But Taken said...

I am SOOO addicted to shoe shopping!!! Great T13!

6/29/2006 4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great first time list, welcome! I'm afraid of falling and also of heights :) I can eat my weight in breakfast food or chocolate, and I have recently found I love coffee. :)

Have a great day; I played too...

6/29/2006 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


follow MamaKaren at http://twitter.com

Who's Who

    Hubby- aka DH My husband since 1995. He is the head of the band department at a college prep school, and dabbles as a wanna-be pop star.

    The Princess- aka DD. Third grader at the local parochial school. Loves butterlies, sparkly things, the color purple and has recently developed a crush on one of the twins from "The Suite Life of Zach and Cody". Is ready for her teenage years, having already perfected her exasperated sigh and dramatic eye-roll.

    Hoss- aka DS1. Kindergartener and resident spirited child. His aunt likes to call him "the evil genius" because of his penchant for letting a lack of intellectual stimulation lead him into mischief. Likes trucks, sports, building things and burping. His current favorite word is "underwear."

    Lil Joe- aka DS2. Born in 2003. Doesn't say much we can understand, but has mastered the important stuff ("eat!", "Wash hands!", "Want chocolate ones!", "Hockey game!") Likes to push buttons, much to the consternation of whoever is trying to watch a DVD. Firmly refuses to use the potty, despite evidence that he is physically ready to be out of diapers, indicating a level of stubborn that eclipses even that of his parents and siblings.

    Me? I'm the Mama. That's all you need to know.

    Wanna contact me?
    Send me an email.