3/24/2005

By the book

Nic sent me this meme, and since she's my big sister and is always bossing me around (and I always do what she tells me to do, just like a little sister should,) I'm doing it. You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be? hmm. It's hard to choose only one. To Kill a Mockingbird, I guess. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character? It's funny that Nic mentioned Meyer and Travis McGee, because I did have a literary crush on Travis. He was pretty flawed, but had such a heart under it all, and I cried when Puss Killian left him that good-bye letter at the end of Pale Gray for Guilt. Mark Darcy, maybe. Even though he seemed like a jerk a lot at the beginning of Bridget Jones's Diary, the reader always knew that he was a good guy. The fact that Colin Firth played him in the movie version has nothing to do with my feelings. The last book you bought is: I bought a couple books from the Lensmen series for MrNic for Christmas, and a collection of Raggedy Ann stories for DD. For myself? I can't even remember- probably Wine for Women, which I bought last summer. The last book you read: The Little Cloud by Eric Carle. Before that was One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. Grow up book? The Blueberry Muffin Murder, one of three different "culinary mysteries" that I got for Christmas. What are you currently reading? Lots of parenting books and potty training articles. Five books you would take to a deserted island. Well, I've got plenty of time, so maybe I'll finally read The Lord of the Rings (OK, technially that's three books, but I'm counting it as one.) Little Women, just because I like to go back and reread it sometimes. Something sort of frothy, perhaps something by Sidney Sheldon or Danielle Steele. Founding Mothers: The Women Who Raised Our Nation. I like Cokie Roberts, and it is in line with my favorite history course in college. One of the Harry Potter books. I haven't read any of them yet, so I guess I should be stranded with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (unless I have a box set for this one, too.) Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why? I don't even think I know three people in the blogiverse (I read a lot of people's stuff, but don't know most of them at all.) OK- Jen, because is always willing to share her opinions on things. She's busy unpacking and moving into her new house, though, so who knows when she'll have a chance to do this. Liz, because she works in publishing, so it will be interesting to see how her perspective on books may be different from those of us who are less entrenched in them. Anyone else want to join in?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, I didn't even think of To Kill a Mockingbird. Good one.

And I was to be a ham.

3/24/2005 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


follow MamaKaren at http://twitter.com

Who's Who

    Hubby- aka DH My husband since 1995. He is the head of the band department at a college prep school, and dabbles as a wanna-be pop star.

    The Princess- aka DD. Third grader at the local parochial school. Loves butterlies, sparkly things, the color purple and has recently developed a crush on one of the twins from "The Suite Life of Zach and Cody". Is ready for her teenage years, having already perfected her exasperated sigh and dramatic eye-roll.

    Hoss- aka DS1. Kindergartener and resident spirited child. His aunt likes to call him "the evil genius" because of his penchant for letting a lack of intellectual stimulation lead him into mischief. Likes trucks, sports, building things and burping. His current favorite word is "underwear."

    Lil Joe- aka DS2. Born in 2003. Doesn't say much we can understand, but has mastered the important stuff ("eat!", "Wash hands!", "Want chocolate ones!", "Hockey game!") Likes to push buttons, much to the consternation of whoever is trying to watch a DVD. Firmly refuses to use the potty, despite evidence that he is physically ready to be out of diapers, indicating a level of stubborn that eclipses even that of his parents and siblings.

    Me? I'm the Mama. That's all you need to know.

    Wanna contact me?
    Send me an email.