1/31/2006

As though there aren't enough valid things to irritate me...

Some things should not annoy me, but do anyway. I try to rationalize that they are minor, and not worthy of my worry, but they still pick at me.

  • I cut my knee while shaving today. I've been doing at least three times a month since I was in high school, so I'm used to it by now. But this morning, I could not find any normal bandages to keep the blood from running down my leg. No one can see my knee because I am wearing trousers, so it doesn't matter that all I could find were VeggieTales and Disney Princess bandages. But why is it that when the kids need a bandage, the cartoon bandages are nowhere to be found, yet they they are the only available options when I need one?!
  • My cubicle is next to a network printer. Every night, when the cleaning crew comes through, they move my trashcan from inside my cube and set it next to the printer stand. It's only a couple feet, just enough distance that I cannot reach it from my desk chair. They never move my recycle bin (which could actually be useful next to a printer), just my trash can.
  • The departmental secretary who sits near me has a very loud voice. I mostly tune it out, but if I have to hear her tell one more person that some of her bills came back because she did not realize that the cost of stamps went up, I will shove a postal scale down her throat.
  • Everytime the coffee machine malfunctions, there is someone who puts a sign on it that says "Machine is BROKE!" Even if it were grammatically correct to say that the machine is broke instead of broken, I see no need for the caps and exclamation point.

See, if I use my energy to be irritated by stupid stuff, maybe I won't be able to think about my Board member whose wife's cancer came back, or my brother-in-law's organ rejection symptoms, or my impending car repairs, or...

Oh. Guess that's not working.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


follow MamaKaren at http://twitter.com

Who's Who

    Hubby- aka DH My husband since 1995. He is the head of the band department at a college prep school, and dabbles as a wanna-be pop star.

    The Princess- aka DD. Third grader at the local parochial school. Loves butterlies, sparkly things, the color purple and has recently developed a crush on one of the twins from "The Suite Life of Zach and Cody". Is ready for her teenage years, having already perfected her exasperated sigh and dramatic eye-roll.

    Hoss- aka DS1. Kindergartener and resident spirited child. His aunt likes to call him "the evil genius" because of his penchant for letting a lack of intellectual stimulation lead him into mischief. Likes trucks, sports, building things and burping. His current favorite word is "underwear."

    Lil Joe- aka DS2. Born in 2003. Doesn't say much we can understand, but has mastered the important stuff ("eat!", "Wash hands!", "Want chocolate ones!", "Hockey game!") Likes to push buttons, much to the consternation of whoever is trying to watch a DVD. Firmly refuses to use the potty, despite evidence that he is physically ready to be out of diapers, indicating a level of stubborn that eclipses even that of his parents and siblings.

    Me? I'm the Mama. That's all you need to know.

    Wanna contact me?
    Send me an email.